Manager National Innovation - 2 year fixed term contract
SOLAS is recruiting a Manager (Grade 6) to oversee the development and management, in collaboration with key stakeholders, of strategic innovation in further education and training (FET), including employee development within the Irish workforce; enterprise engagement; a structured system of professional development for those working in, managing and supporting learning in the FET sector; and other initiatives arising. These initiatives and related national targets and goals are set out in policy and strategy documents that include the Further Education and Training Strategy 2014-2019, the National Skills Strategy 2025; Action Plan for Education 2016-2019; the Further Education and Training Policy Framework for skills development of people in employment 2018-2021; and the FET Professional Development Strategy 2017-2019.
The successful applicant will play a lead role in delivering on the national targets and goals, working closely with internal colleagues in SOLAS, Education and Training Boards (ETBs) and Education and Training Boards Ireland (ETBI), the Department of Education and Skills, the enterprise community and the wider stakeholder group in further education and training. The role requires:
- Managing key strategic initiatives in the National Innovation unit, including provision of secretariat to National Steering Groups;
- Working closely with ETBs, ETBI and a wide range of relevant stakeholders to ensure that strategic national initiatives which include employee development, enterprise engagement, professional development and other strategic initiatives are supporting evolving labour market and employer skill needs;
- Disseminating and reviewing progress on targets and goals with colleagues within SOLAS;
- Providing targeted guidelines and support for the development of existing provision and new initiatives and supports in partnership with ETBs, ETBI, relevant agencies/ bodies/ fora, other FET providers and enterprise;
- Developing information systems to assist roll out, monitoring and evaluation;
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of innovative provision and supports;
- Promoting innovative provision and supports in collaboration with stakeholders to potential participating employers, employees and the general public;
- Analysing relevant data to provide information and reports on innovative provision and supports to relevant stakeholders.
This is a two year fixed term position
for which the salary scale ranges from €66,439 to €86,216
per annum (inclusive of two long service increments) for a 37 hour week. Starting pay will be at the minimum point of the scale as per Government Circular E100/8/82. Exceptional circumstances may apply for candidates with current service in the Civil/Public Service.
This position will be based in SOLAS' offices at Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1.
SOLAS offers an excellent benefit package including a contributory pension scheme and the opportunity for further training and development.
An Application Form, quoting Reference Number 221
should be e-mailed to email@example.com
or posted to Human Resources Manager, SOLAS, Castleforbes House, Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1.
To Download the application form please right click on the link above and select "save as"
Closing date: Thursday 28th February 2019 by 5 pm.